- 1. Abrams, DB, Glasser, AM, Pearson, JL, Villanti, AC, Collins, LK, & Niaura, RS (2018). Harm Minimization and Tobacco Control: Reframing Societal Views of Nicotine Use to Rapidly Save Lives. Annual Review of Public Health, 39(1).
- 2. Antin, Hunt, and Sanders (Forthcoming) The ‘Here and Now’ of Youth: The Meanings of Smoking for Sexual and Gender Minority Youth.
- 3. Al-Delaimy, WK, White, MM, Mills, AL, Pierce, JP, Emory, K, Boman, M, Smith, J, Edland, S (2010). Final Summary Report of Two Decades of the California Tobacco Control Program. La Jolla, CA: University of California, San Diego.
- 4. Bell, K, McCullough, L, Salmon, A, & Bell, J (2010). ‘Every space is claimed’: smokers’ experiences of tobacco denormalisation. Sociology of Health & Illness, 32(6), 914–929.
- 5. Bell, K., Salmon, A., Bowers, M., Bell, J., & McCullough, L. (2010). Smoking, stigma and tobacco ‘denormalization’: Further reflections on the use of stigma as a public health tool. A commentary on Social Science & Medicine’s Stigma, Prejudice, Discrimination and Health Special Issue (67: 3). Social Science & Medicine, 70(6), 795–799.
- 6. Blosnich, J, Lee, JGL, & Horn, K (2013). A systematic review of the aetiology of tobacco disparities for sexual minorities. Tobacco Control, 22(2), 66–73.
- 7. Buchting, FO, Emory, KT, Kim, Y, Fagan, P, Vera, LE, & Emery, S (2017). Transgender use of cigarettes, cigars, and e-cigarettes in a national study. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 53(1), e1–e7.
- 8. Bye, L, Gruskin, E, Greenwood, G, Albright, V, & Krotki, K (2005). California Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transgender (LGBT) Tobacco Use Survey 2004. Sacramento, CA: California Department of Health Services.
- 9. Crotty, M (1998). The foundations of social research: Meaning and perspective in the research process. Sage.
- 10. Glantz, SA, & Bareham, DW (2018). E-Cigarettes: Use, Effects on Smoking, Risks, and Policy Implications. Annual Review of Public Health, 39(1).
- 11. Green, J (2014). What kind of research does public health need? Critical Public Health, 24(3), 249–252.
- 12. Green, J, & Labonté, R (2007) Critical perspectives in public health. Routledge.
- 13. Harvey, L (1990). Critical Social Research. London: Unwim Hyman.
- 14. Lee, JG, Griffin, GK, & Melvin, CL (2009). Tobacco use among sexual minorities, USA, 1987-May 2007: A Systematic Review. Tobacco Control.
- 15. Ryan, H, Wortley, PM, Easton, A, Pederson, L, & Greenwood, G (2001). Smoking among lesbians, gays, and bisexuals: a review of the literature. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 21(2), 142–149.
- 16. Warner, KE, Sexton, DW, Gillespie, BW, Levy, DT, & Chaloupka, FJ (2013). Impact of Tobacco Control on Adult per Capita Cigarette Consumption in the United States. American Journal of Public Health, 104(1), 83–89.
For more resources, check out our Zotero group list of Readings in Critical Public Health.
Latest posts by placeholder (see all)